Windows 7 is a new product of Microsoft but thousand of user complain that their Windows 7 works very slow. People are trying really hard to make Windows 7 faster. Usually people get frustrated working on their slow computer. Here below are couple of tips which may help you to make Windows 7 faster.
Firstly you need to know hardware requirements of Windows 7
CPU: 2G or much more
Memory: more than 1G
Hard drive space: more than 20G,
Below are few tips to run Windows 7 faster:-
1. Disk Cleanup:- Click "Start," "All Programs," "Accessories," "System Tool," then "Disk Cleanup." The "Disk Cleanup" dialog opens. Select the drive you want to clean up, check the files that you want to delete and click "OK." Click "Delete Files" to confirm that you want to permanently delete the selected files. Disk Cleanup begins removing the files. The program will automatically close when Disk Cleanup is finished.
2. Disk Defragmenter:- Click "Start," "All Programs," "Accessories," "System Tool," then "Disk Defragmenter." Select the drive that you want to defragment. Click "Analyze disk" to initiate the scanning process that will report whether you actually need to run the disk defragmenter. Disk Defragmenter begins analyzing the selected drive for fragmentation. Click "Defragment disk" to defragment the selected disk drive.
When to run Disk Defragmenter
In addition to running Disk Defragmenter at regular intervals (weekly is optimal), there are other times you should run it, too, such as when:
You add a large number of files.
Your free disk space totals 15 percent or less.
You install new programs or a new version of the Windows operating system.
3. Repair Disk Errors:- Close any programs that are currently running on your system and then click the "Windows Explorer" icon from the taskbar. Alternatively, press the Windows Icon+"E." The Windows Explorer panel opens. Right-click the hard drive that you want to scan for errors. Click "Properties." Select the "Tools" tab at the top of the dialog box and then click "Check now" in the Error-checking field.
Check the box to the left of "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors." Make sure the box next to "Automatically fix file system errors" is unchecked.
Click "Start" to check for disk errors. When the program has completed its error checking, it will indicate whether you have any disk errors. If the program detects errors, click "Fix Errors."
4. Turn off visual effects:- Click Start button , then click Control Panel, in the search box, type “Performance Information and Tools”, and then click “Performance Information and Tools”. Click “Adjust visual effects”.Click the Visual Effects tab, choose Adjust For Best Performance, and then click OK.
5. Make sure your windows 7 computer is virus free. Viruses make any computers slow by giving additional work to processors, memory and disks. You can run virus check and clean viruses by free antivirus software ‘Microsoft Security Essential’ from Microsoft. Download Microsoft Security Essential
Windows 7 is a very popular operating system. However, there are actually quite a few problems which can affect users. If your computer is slow you can get few tips to make windows 7 faster along with the blog post available at "How to make Windows 7 faster"